BUYING A PROPERTY
Buying a house or property is an exciting time. You get to tour the properties, imagine your life in them and imagine the payoff when it comes time to sell in the future. In amongst all the excitement and dreaming are a lot of legal boxes that need to be ticked when buying a home. GDM Legal is there to take care of the legal aspects, so you can focus on choosing, buying and moving into your new home or making the most of your new investment.
Steps to Buying a House
Follow this process of buying a house:
- Devote plenty of time to research
- Go through your financials with your accountant to get a clear idea of what you can afford
- Get pre-approval for your mortgage
- Find the best real estate agent
- If you're looking at re-locating, begin the process of selling your home
- Check Section 32 statement
- Select a loan that suits your financial situation
- Organise a building inspection of your chosen property
- Close the sale and check all paperwork
How We Can Help with Buying a House
GDM Legal is there to coordinate, check and double check all the paperwork, contracts and legal requirements. We can provide assistance throughout the entire process, including:
- A Section 32, or a Vendor's Statement contains essential information on the property you are going to buy. By having us check through it, we can give you an honest opinion of the property, and if there are any issues you need to be aware of. Restrictions on the ownership, such as easement and zoning laws could substantially affect what you can do with the property, and how much you may be prepared to pay for the property, so don't take the Section 32 for granted.
- Remember, nothing is set in stone until the settlement contract has been signed. This step is crucial in ensuring a smooth handover of the property so that you can move in as soon as possible. We take care of everything for you, by liaising with your mortgagee, the vendor and your agent and ensuring all legal requirements have been respected.
Read our guides on Section 32, settlements and conveyancing costs below.
Why Choose GDM Legal?
GDM Legal takes the stress out of buying a house. Choose GDM Legal because we:
- Provide you with a legal service that is solely dedicated to property law and conveyancing. We have chosen to specialise in one field of law because this allows us to offer expert advice delivered through a nuanced understanding of particular statutes and regulations.
- Work quickly and efficiently. Time is precious to everyone, and we don’t want to delay the purchase of your dream property.
- Operate with low overheads, which allows us to provide our services at affordable prices. We also save you a lot of money by getting contracts and settlement right the first time.
- Offer both personal and phone contact outside of regular business hours. We understand that buying a property is not confined to business hours, and that's we endeavour to be available whenever you need us.