Conveyancing costs for selling a house
One of the costs involved in selling a house is conveyancing. This covers a number of key legal requirements needed for a smooth sale and transfer of your property. Particularly for new home sellers, there can be many hidden surprises and costs that can blow your budget down the track.
At GDM Legal, we keep our conveyancing costs at a fixed rate so you can keep the cost of selling a house lower. (and always know what you’re getting). We ensure all of your costs are covered in this rate so you can plan ahead without stressing about any hidden details.
Our fixed-rate conveyancing fee of $770.00 (excluding information certificates passed on at cost) includes the full range of costs associated with selling your house and services needed for a smooth process on your property sale.
How much does a conveyancer cost when selling a house?
At GDM Legal & Conveyancing in Melbourne, the conveyancing costs are kept at a fixed rate so that there are no hidden surprises down the track. Our fixed price conveyancing fee of $770.00 includes all of the professional services required to ensure the conveyancing process goes smoothly, including:
- Preparation of a Contract of Sale
- Preparation of a Section 32 Statement
- Preparation of a Section 27 statement for the early release of the deposit
- Assistance with completing the Transfer of Land form
- Preparation of any documentation required to be submitted to the State Revenue Office
- Liaising with your mortgagee (bank) to ensure the mortgage will be discharged at settlement
- Preparation of the Statement of Adjustments and cheque directions
- Liaising with the purchaser’s conveyancer to confirm the smooth transfer of title occurring at settlement
- Attending settlement
- All printing, photocopying and postage
What is not included in the fixed fee is the cost of any statutory certificates that are legally required to be obtained for the preparation of the section 32 statement. Depending on your area and type of property you are selling, these costs vary between $250-400 and they are passed straight on to you. Where possible application for the certificates are made to the individual bodies directly to avoid surcharges that occur when using search companies to produce the certificates.
Why Choose GDM Legal?
GDM Legal are the true property law experts, with a simple purpose - to make selling your house simple. Choose GDM because we:
- Provide the best and most professional conveyancing package around, all for a competitive fixed rate. There are no surprises or hidden fees and you get a dedicated lawyer who will help you through the sale every step of the way.
- Pride ourselves on fast and accurate legal service. Time is critical when selling a property and we work quickly with care so you never miss a sale.
- Have low overheads, which means our team can deliver you affordable fixed-rate conveyancing with service you will love.
- Offer extended business hours during your conveyancing process so you can always pick up the phone and talk to us. We are your personal legal team when it comes to property selling – and we show it.